Why a front?
• Because Greece is suffocating and in a process of desertification within a Europe that is rudderless and in a process of deconstruction.
• Because, as long as countries like Greece are suffocating, Europe will remain rudderless – thus reinforcing our country’s suffocation. Only a broad, unifying, paneuropean front against the dominant oligarchy-‐without-‐ borders, which is responsible for our debt bondage, can allow Greece to breathe and return hope to its citizens. This is precisely what MeRA25 represents: the Greek patriotic front of responsibly disobedient Europeanists – an indivisible part of DiEM25, the first in history transnational paneuropean movement to democratise Europe in general and each of our countries in particular.
Why European disobedience?
• Because the only way one can be responsible today is by disobeying the irrational policies that are wrecking our country and turning it into a desert.
• Because respect for our Parliament, our Constitution, logic itself, can only be reinstated by ending the blind obedience to the directives of the troika and our oligarchy. Today, authentically Europeanist citizens refuse slavishly to obey the incompetent pseudo-‐technocrats who, on the altar of the narrow oligarchic interests they serve, are destroying Greece while de-‐legitimising Europe.
Why realistic disobedience?
• Because disobedience is not enough! To have a positive impact disobedience must be accompanied by a realistic, constructive, comprehensive, responsible policy agenda.
• Because Greeks have had enough of the endless night of our Great Depression. ‘Mera’, after all, means ‘day’ or, in Latin, ‘diem’ and, thus, MeRA25 symbolises the links with DiEM25 and our new party’s Europeanist Internationalism.